Monday, March 12, 2012

Full Weeks

Hello Readers! :)

I know it has been wayyyyyyy too long since my last post, since then I have been full time teaching in the classroom!  I am surprised at how well it has been going.  To think that I have gone from NEVER teaching anything by myself to teaching EVERYTHING for an entire day/week in just a few short weeks is very exciting!  I truly believe I have grown a lot in confidence, ability and management during this placement.  I am again teaching a full week this week and can not believe I only have less than two weeks left in first grade.

I have also had an observation by my principal!  I was very happy that she was able to come and observe one of my lessons.  I received great feedback and also had a chance to meet with her one on one to discuss comments and questions.  I also set up another observation and I really hope she is able to come and observe me again for another lesson!  I appreciate receiving all the feedback I can to better myself as a professional! :)

I am still loving my placement and am beginning to get a little nervous/excited to begin my placement in 8th grade...I have enjoyed every minute of my first grade class but I'm also looking forward to the challenges and learning that I will gain with my new placement.  I believe it is extremely beneficial to have experience in all age levels to truly understand what all students need...I look forward to beginning my last placement and then moving forward to graduation and the job search!

I hope to post again soon with more specific details on my full week of teaching including lesson highlights and pictures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment