Tuesday, February 14, 2012

V Day

Alright...as the days go by, I get busier and busier only have time for a quick blurb on our Valentine's Celebrations today and a few pictures! :)  I have been continuing to teach math and overall, it has been successful.  I have also started word study this week and so far so good!  This afternoon, we had our valentine's day party!  It was a hoot.  The kids just love passing out and looking at their valentines.  I have to admit I made out pretty good too (picture below).  I think it's safe to say my kiddos love me! <3  However, its also safe to say I LOVE THEM just as much! :)  My valentine glow sticks were a success, the kids definitely had enough treats as it was so the glow sticks were a great choice.  During our party, we turned off the lights and had a glow stick dance party.  ADORABLE to say the least.  Let's just say I'm still loving first grade...As for tomorrow, I'm hoping my black bean and corn salsa goes over as well as the puppy chow I brought in on Monday!  Lastly, I hope to post soon with a more detailed update!

*Also pictured, a picture of my 'Queen of Clean' Desk Fairy Award!  I will be checking for clean desks tomorrow morning and someone will be lucky to receive a treat from...The Queen of Clean! :)  (Idea Compliments of Pinterest) :)

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY <3

Valentine Goodies from my Kiddos!

Desk Fairy Award :)

2 comments:

  1. I know you have a younger age, but let me know how the clean star thing works. I also saw it on Pinterest and would love to try it with my fourth graders. Lets see how that goes. Planning on implementing it next week also. :) Love your valentine monsters. Our fourth graders created their own at home and brought them in. Glad to hear your placement is going well. I enjoy seeing the photos and all the updates. Go NINA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids absolutely LOVED it!!! I made two and had a boy winner and a girl winner...I put it on their desks before they got to school and sprinkled glitter around their desk as well. The kids were so surprised and the rest of them immediately started cleaning their desks as the hope the fairy will come back...my kids are in first grade so of course they are even cuter about it all...one of my little ones was so cute because someone was like "why is there glitter?" and she, ever so innocently replied 'It's from the fairies wings!' as if everyone should have known....so cute! :) I hope to do it again at least once or twice before I'm done! I would highly suggest it!!!!

      Delete